1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

server 200 + excel start up

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by DaveSS, Jan 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DaveSS

DaveSS Thread Starter

Folks, this one's been bothering me for a while.

I'd like a specific excel sheet to open up once a user logs on, to in this case the server.

I have placed the said excel sheet in the start up folder. However only excel opens and not the actual sheet I want(which is an over time sheet)

Any ideas??:confused:

2. gotmikey

gotmikey

i just tried this and let me know if it works.. Background info, my laptop is WinXP, logging onto a NT4.0 Domain and using OfficeXP. We use logon scripts here connecting shares on the server to local drivers here.. \\server\common is the x:\. I created a test.xls on the x:\ and also "right clicked and created a shortcut to it also" I moved that to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup. And Excel opened up into the "test.xls" I logged onto my laptop as me and as administrator and the file opened up both times. Let me know if this helps.

3. DaveSS

DaveSS Thread Starter

Nope, I've server 2000 running office 2000.

I've put the excel sheet into C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

and not a thing. Tried this on a test pc too with w2k server and office XP with still no luck?????????

4. DaveSS

DaveSS Thread Starter

Same prob - different day - any new ideas?

5. gotmikey

gotmikey

Are you putting the actual file or a shortcut to the file in the startup directory?

6. DaveSS

DaveSS Thread Starter

The file

7. gotmikey

gotmikey

try putting a shortcut to the file in the start folder. Perhaps putting the excel file (for example) in c:\ then making a shortcut to that file and putting that .lnk in the startup.

8. tannedguy29

tannedguy29 Guest

Try this, create your template/sheet etc... then place the shortcut or file in the: all users\application data\microsoft\excel\xlstart folder. If you only put it in the regular startup, Excel starts but without template, i.e blank. If you don't have that folder create it

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113006

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice