Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Server 2003 CA problem

845 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  gwendes 
#1 ·
This really is a stab in the dark. Fingers crossed that there are a couple of Server 2003 CA experts lurking around here, or someone that can point us in the right direction.

The school that I work at has a wireless network and all users that log onto the domain are authenticated against a certificate. Over the summer the certificate expired and now no device can log on wirelessly.

When we attempt to do anything with the expired certificate it throws up this error:

Microsoft Certificate Services

Access is denied. 0x8007005 (WIN32: 5)

Can anyone shed any light?

#2 ·
What exactly are you trying to do when you get this error? Are you attempting to access the IIS /certsrv instance?

ALso, when you say the certificate has expired. Are speaking of your client certificate, the certificate of the access point, or the CA of the cert server?

#3 ·
Logged into the server I am trying to open the settings for the certificate in Certification Authority. Then I'm a bit out of my depth I'm afraid.

The computers all share a certificate. I would say that it is the CA of the cert server. Would this affect the wired network?

Only the wireless network is failing to autenticate.

#11 ·
I would say that it is unlikely, not impossible that this server has been renamed in the last year but no recent changes, this network is new to me

Other changes could have been made, again, probably not. Does this perm. lock out any changes being made to the certificate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.