1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Server 2003 Print Spooler stops frequently

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by hankyknot, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hankyknot

hankyknot Thread Starter

Hi all,

Just inherited a new network to administer and its riddled with litte problems. Spent the last 2 weeks getting individual desktops up to snuff and making sure antivirus was installed, functonal and effective and now I a problem that started yesterday and has me stumped

So I have a nice Windows Server 2003 problem to start you off with. The print spooler keeps stopping for no obvious reason. I can restart it ok without any error messages but minutes later I get nother call from a terminal services user complaining all the printrs have dissappeared and voila Print Spooler is stopped again.

The WIN32_EXIT_CODE is 1067 but so far I haven't been able to find anything that points to the cause of the problem.

I must admit its not the only problem on the server/network at the moment but its the one having the biggest impact so its top of the list

2. iri

iri

Hi hankyknot,

my intranet server is giving the exact same problem, i've not yet found a solution so please keep in contact in case you get rid of it.

Regards,
    Ivan

3. iri

iri

Hi all, i found that the spooler stops every time a computer with the Xerox WorkCenter Pro 32 C PS driver installed connects to the terminal server.
    I don't know why this is happening now, after months of work without problems.
    I will post any other news on that.

4. iri

iri

I confirm that the Xerox printer driver was the cause of the problem. I had to delete all the printer driver files on the Terminal Server because if you have local printer redirection on that server each time a user with that driver installed on his machine connects to the TS the spooler will crash. If the TS does not find the drivers of the Xerox you can't print remotely to that printer but at least the spooler keeps running.
    My users fortunately don't need to print from TS to the Xerox printers but if you find a working printer driver please post.
    Don't know why this problem happened only after some time...maybe some update has created a conflict...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704514

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice