1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Server 2003 R2 very slow, and unusable

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by darthrevan945, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthrevan945

darthrevan945 Thread Starter

Hi all,
    I have used Server 2003 many times in the past few years and I have NEVER seen this.. Actually I've never seen it with an OS..
    I have Server 2003 running on my laptop, I have a tripleboot so I don't always use it. Today I booted into it for the first time in about a week. It took about 10 min to login, and then when it finally did, I attempted to open "My Computer" and the entire thing became unresponsive. I was also unable to use task manager. I had to Hard shut it down. After that I tried it again two more times, to the same result. I attempted to run disk derangementer, that also caused me to have to hard shut down. I am usually very good with fixing this sort of thing, but being as this is just completely random (the last time I booted up the OS it was better than perfect), and when this sort of thing would happen, I would just reformat and reinstall. But this time I don't want to, because I have a couple rather large applications installed, and with the configuration of this computer, it would be quite a pain to boot into the other two OS's if I reinstalled 2003.

Here's the configuration:
    2.33Ghz intel C2D
    3gb Ram
    500Gb HDD - 325Gb Mac OS X - 135Gb Windows 8 - 40Gb Windows 2003

Thanks in advanced, let me know if you need a hijack log, I can attempt to run one, if the OS will function long enough for that.

2. darthrevan945

darthrevan945 Thread Starter

Bump...
    and *disk defragmenter.. auto correct got me

3. srhoades

srhoades

Boot into one of the other 2 OS's and check the hard drive.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087641

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice