1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Server 2003 resync?

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by inthecloset, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inthecloset

inthecloset Thread Starter

I had a boot hang problem on a 2003 Terminal rack server (Dell PowerEdge 1950), and found a troubleshooting tip that suggested removing one of the RAID drives. I did so, and the bootup info reported the RAID array as 'degraded', as the tip predicted it would. As it happened, the tip didn't work. I put the drive back in and rebooted, and saw a reference to RAID being in 'resync' mode. The straight boot didn't work, but a Safe Mode boot did, to a point.

I'm now looking at the C+A+D screen (actually a screensaver now), but there's no response to the mouse or keyboard. The two drives' lights are flashing vigorously, unlike the lights on the drives of the other two servers. I'm currently wondering whether this is re-syncing activity, and whether I should try to wait it out or reboot. It's my understanding that a resync will take many hours, so if that's my route I'm coming back tomorrow.

Any tips?

Thanks much,

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977592

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice