Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Server 2003

1K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  Skydawg 
#1 ·
I have just installed Windows Server 2003 standard edition into my computer, im having a little trouble connecting to the Internet........im using a netgear wirless network to connect to the internet but cant go onto any sites

can some one help????

#12 ·
You can see the network, but can't get out to the internet? So I read this as you can see machines and are able to open shares, etc., on the network but when you try to go out you get nothing. Open a cmd prompt, do the ipconfig /all, and would be cool if you could throw in a USB and paste it, lol floppy, haven't seen one come with a newer comp in over a year, course I always make sure my servers have one. :)

What you are looking for is your DNS server and gateway are the same as the machines that can get out. Also, if you can ping, type in ping <machine name/or IP of machine on network> and ping the gateway (router), but can't ping past it, it's not letting you through. Also with SP2, if you have that installed, the opening page will be from C: and the extra security will ask you everytime you hit a page that insn't int the safe list because of the new security extras for IE, just a thought there really...

#16 ·
llcoolj30 said:
i have been having another look at this, could the Enhanced security configuration be the problem????
No, that prompts you, it doesn't stop you from going to any sites. As I already stated...
the opening page will be from C: and the extra security will ask you everytime you hit a page that isn't in the safe list because of the new security extras for IE, just a thought there really...
I too would like to see your ipconfig /all, and have you compared it to other machines that can get out to the internet on your network?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.