server antivirus

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

virtualgeorg

I have 2 win2k servers that someone else setup but I can't find any antivirus running anywhere on either. I don't see anything in the tray and can't find any antivirus programs or folders anywhere.

I figured the guy who set it up should have installed something or maybe I don't know where to look since I don't know much about servers?

And if I need something, which should I install?

thanks

There might not be anything running.

Norton 2001 Anti-Virus works on a server OS. Later versions do not.
There is also a Corporate version of Norton you can get. This will also protect workstations.

AVG, Panda and others make server versions as well.

virtualgeorg

Even though you are not sitting on the server checking your email do you normally have antivirus installed on all servers? Is the potential threat different than say a workstation?

When I am trying to figure out how to do things on the network or with the servers I need to access the internet and forums like this to look up "how to" information. So while I am trying to figure out things on the server I pop open a browser and get on the internet so I guess I really need the antivirus or should I not even be browsing the internet when on the server?

Thanks

The threat for a virus on the server partly depends on what is being kept there. It is also somewhat vulnerable simply because it can be accessed over the network.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts