1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Server costs questions?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by topjaw, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. topjaw

topjaw Thread Starter

I wan't a dedicated server to serve my website and for gaming and I was curious which places have the best prices?

Also, I have a spare computer and I want to know if it is possible to send it to a hosting sevice to use as a server but only paying for the bandwidth...is there places that do that?

2. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

Wow for gaming thats gonna cost a pretty penny. you pay for the bandwidth mostly and if your gaming to the server this is also assuming you have a bunch of friends ALSO gaming to it. You gonna pay X times the rate PLUS gaming is a bandiwdth hog in the first place.

Just wanted to throw out that htought. Good luck on your search though as I host all my stuff internally.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/486798

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice