1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Server error 451

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by negoc8, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. negoc8

negoc8 Thread Starter

Hi,

I cannot send emails from any of my addresses or domains. I have not installed any new software or updates (and I would know as all automatic updates are disabled) since the last successful send. I have been to countless forums, tried disabling my firewall, disabling my anti virus (avast), changing the SMTP port, authenticating the server, nothing works.

Here is the error message that I get in full. I have just "hidden" my name and domain:

The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was '[email protected]'.
    Subject 'Re: Requested Loan Documents'
    Server Error: 451
    Server Response: 451 4.3.2 Please try again later
    Server: 'mail.optusnet.com.au'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC78
    Protocol: SMTP
    Port: 25
    Secure(SSL): No

Any help would be greatfully appreciated!

Regards,
    negoc8

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
  3. negoc8

negoc8 Thread Starter

Thank you Couriant. I followed your advice, and I wa sindeed on the PBL list.

Before I could actually do anything the problem "resolved itself"

D'Oh!

In any case many thanks for your lightning fast response.

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    No problem. Some of the blocks are done on the SMTP server side. They may do a temporary block for about 48 hours once they update themselves and may remove it. I had a business customer with the same issue.

5. negoc8

negoc8 Thread Starter

Hi Couriant,

Most of my email addresses are business accounts as well. I too have had this problem before and just like last time, nothing seemed to work and then ..... it went away a few hours later. Weird!

I note that you mentioned in your first repsonse that you were "surprised" that I was using port 25. If its not too much trouble, could you tell me what would you recommend and why?

Thanks agin, I really appreciate your efforts!!!

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    You can't recommend ports. Its whatever the server has.. Most ISPs block port 25 to prevent spam, unless you have a business account with your isp which you do it looks like.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086637

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice