1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Server error when trying to publish

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by amyd1116, Aug 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. amyd1116

amyd1116 Thread Starter

I am getting an error when I try to publish my site. I have never seen it before or ever had a problem with it. It tells me that it can not rename a file which is always a temp file and always a picture. I take that back, it is not always a picture, now it is a whole page, which I have not made ANY changes to since I last published it.If I delete the picture or the page from my site, it will just pick up the next picture or page in line and then give me the same error with that pic. When I publish it from the file menu and see the folders being updated and published, it says that there is a conflict with certain pages or pictures....what does that mean? I am so confused, and I have no idea what to do. Can anyone help.

Here is what the error looks like....

Server error: cannot rename ".our recommendations.htm.tmp"

I would much appreciate any help!!!! Cuz now I am stuck, I can' t do anything with it.

Amy

2. Rockn

Rockn

On your PC where you edit the pages have you changed the location or directory structure of the web site in any way? Sounds like FP is having a problem with it's local list of cached files.

3. amyd1116

amyd1116 Thread Starter

i don't think that I have. I have added pages on but I have not changes the structure. I really haven't even removed anything, just added stuff. I first noticed a problem when I added a photo gallery. When someone would click on the pic to enlarge it, it was bringing up different pictures. I never did figure out what the problem was there, I just left it.

The only problem that I found that I fixed, was for some reason, the hit counter was causing a ton of issues. I removed it, and it removed the conflict and said that the idex file was now up-to-date. I even tried to start the whole website all over again and it wouldn't work on that address. But if I published it to a different address, it now works fine.

Still dumbfounded!!!

Amy

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/153542