Server IP's

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Majinalchemy

My IP currently is 192.168.1.101, and another IP is 74.***.**.***.

Can someone help me identify these?

Main question: How do I get an IP like this 93.234.34.234 or something, that a Counter-Strike server can run on and anyone can join?

WRT54G Linksys Wireless Router.
Windows XP on the server.
About 8 other computers.

Need more info? Ask. But help please. I need it. =)

The 192.168.*.* is your IP on your machine's network. The other is your "external" IP and that is the one that people or servers oin the internet need to connect to you.

You give them your external IP address. Then, log into your router and set up port-forwarding to your machine. Look in the manual for directions for your specific router.

Majinalchemy

If they look on normal server browsers, can they join there?

Whenever i try to host, it says the IP being used is the 192.168.1.101 one. How can I make it the 73.***.**.***?

It might be better to ID these as the Wan (73.***.**.***) and Lan (192.168.1.101) IPs.

If you are looking for how to do the port forwarding here is a link to the BEST site for it.

http://portforward.com/routers.htm

Once that is done, you can run your server, give out the WAN Ip to your friends and they should be able to connect no problem.

Majinalchemy

Sweet, that all worked and all but why won't it show up on the server lists? It joins fine by IP and when added to favorites, but it doesn't show up, my friend 100 miles away can join, too.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online