1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Server managing updates

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by peonowns, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. peonowns

peonowns Thread Starter

Hey all,

Had a problem since updating to sbs2008.

The server is currently supposed to be updating all the computers on my domain (about 12 + a few laptops) At 4pm Each day is any uodates are found.
    This stops the user on the computer doing updates as it errors (unless they check online).

Thing is the server is only doing this correctly for one pc and i can't for the life of me find a fix.

The computers on the domain are a mixture of xp sp3 pc's Windows 7ultimate and windows 7 ultimate n.

The sbs views states that the other pcs have no status and have not reported yet.

the computer that seems to work is running windows 7 ultimate and norton sercurity.

Anyone got any suggestions or known fixes.

Anymore info let me know and i will get back to you.

p.s i see nothing different on the server or the client as to why this one pc works but there must be something.

regards

Craig.

2. peterh40

peterh40

First Name:
    Peter
    Are you using WSUS (Windows Server Update Service) and Group Policy to update the PCs?
    Make sure that the policy is applying to all PCs (see GPMC - Group Policy Management COnsole) and use the GPO Results and Modelling feature to check the settings.

3. peonowns

peonowns Thread Starter

I am using the WSUS to do them and to set the time for updates and approving of updates. i have is set in GPMC to autodownload and scehdule install each day at 1pm With all the pcs in the delegation panel.

4. peonowns

peonowns Thread Starter

Also forgot to add there is nothing in the GRM or the GPR folders

5. peonowns

peonowns Thread Starter

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084682

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice