1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Server password LOST!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tushkahoma, Jan 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tushkahoma

tushkahoma Thread Starter

We recently changed the password on one of our servers but lost it, how can we get logged back into windows 2000 server?

Up The Creek

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

3. tushkahoma

Has anyone ever used a program like this one? It sounds like the only thing I will have to do is re-add the users and give them new passwords. I hope this works.

4. tushkahoma

I took it home and tested it on my computer, at first it change my password but not to what I set, then I tried blanking it and it worked, I will now use it on the server, awesome program saved my bacon!
    Thanks Alot

5. JohnWill

I've only ever used it to nuke the password, someone advised me that it didn't work properly changing the password. However, with a blank admin password, the rest is easy. :)

6. tushkahoma

You know what I tried it on the w2k server and it said that it was blanking the admin password but then when I went to log in without a password it still would not let me in. So I tried it again and this time it said the password was already blank and could not be changed, still a mystery. I will try and see if there are any other admin passwords on other partitions.

7. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

I've tested this with NT4, Windows2000 or XP and it works great. The only solutions I've found are fairly expensive alternatives like ERD Commander.

I also made a bootable CD image version you can download from http://www.onecomputerguy.com/software/ntpassword.iso. Helps speed up the boot time.

8. JohnWill

Wild guess, are you sure the login is being processed by that server? I've used this on a W2K server and it worked as advertised, so I'm not sure what's going on in your case.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115782

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice