1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Server problems

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Hawkie_DawG, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawkie_DawG

Hawkie_DawG Thread Starter

I am wanting to make my old computer to a server, but it just won't work. I am using a D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G+ that is a wireless router, and I have 2 computers connected to it through wireless technology and 2 computers connected to it through a cable. It works fine to have a server on the other 3 computers, but other people can't connect to the server through my old computer. I have turned off the windows firewall, turned off the IEE 802.1x authentication and turned off my personal firewall on it. I have also port forwarded all the ports that are needed, but people still can't connect to the server. Any possible mistakes I have done?

Some info:

Workgroup
    And yes, it works to ping eachother.
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1
    Server I am trying to run: HL2 and FTP.

-Computer Specs-
    Processor: P3 1.2GHz
    SDRAM: 382MB
    Graphic Card: GeForce FX Go5200

That's about it. DMZ won't work neither...

Thanks in advance guys.

2. blin

blin

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326642

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice