1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Server verfication error/Counterstrike

Discussion in 'Games' started by Edward395, Feb 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edward395

Edward395 Thread Starter

Everytime i try to connect to a server in counterstrike a messages pops up and says server verfication error.Then it kicks me out to the counterstrike mutilplayer menu.How do i fix this problem?.Yes my counterstrike is a legal copy.And it has all the right updates

2. safegezaaa

safegezaaa

I have never played CS but play many other online games. I guess my first questions would be....

1. Is this a legal copy of CS?
    2. Have you applied all patches and updates?

3. AtreideS

AtreideS

It means your having trouble connecting to WON. I found this from Counter-Strike.net:
    "
    1) Clients need to communicate with the Secure Master servers (port 27012). First, make sure there isn't a firewall problem.

2) Make sure you do NOT have a file called "woncomm.lst" in your \cstrike folder. If you do, delete it. This file should ONLY reside in your \valve folder.

3) Open the "woncomm.lst" file in your \valve folder (using notepad) and make sure there is an entry that looks like this at the bottom of the file:

Secure
    {
    half-life.speakeasy-nyc.hlauth.net:27012
    half-life.speakeasy-sea.hlauth.net:27012
    half-life.speakeasy-chi.hlauth.net:27012
    }

4) If your "woncomm.lst" file DOES have the "Secure" entry and you still can't connect to the Secure Master servers, it might be a DNS problem. Try changing your "Secure" entry to look like this:

Secure
    {
    216.254.95.155:27012
    64.81.178.5:27012
    64.81.159.155:27012
    }

5) Make sure you have the latest firmware for your router. We've heard reports of people with Linksys 4 port routers having problems and when they updated their firmware the problems disappeared. "

Hope that can help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119658

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice