1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

server

Discussion in 'Games' started by sliver624, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sliver624

sliver624 Thread Starter

I'm trying to run a Call of Duty 2 server for my clan, and I can connect thru my local IP because I have a DSL modem (which forces you too connect to local IP). What the weird part is, some people can connect fine, I played with some people for a while. But some people can't connect, it just stays on : Awaiting connection.. 1 ..2 .. and so on. I'm positive the servers on the right patch and everything, cause it's on my computer and I can connect to different servers with people that cant connect to my server. I've turned off every single firewall, forwarded all the ports needed, and some people still can't connect. I run my clans ventrilo, and it works great, everyone can connect. I tried running a TS one time, and the people could that connect to my server could, and the people that couldn't connect to my server couldn't connect to my TS (teamspeak). Any ideas?

My network setup:
    Modem(speedstream5200, port forwarded)>Router(D-Link DI-624, port forwarded)>192.168.0.103 (my computer with all the servers)

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Make sure that on their end they have also did the port forwarding.

3. sliver624

sliver624 Thread Starter

Well they should have those ports open, my port is 28960, and most servers have that port. And they can connect to other 28960 servers.

4. sliver624

sliver624 Thread Starter

Any ideas?

5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    hmm well... it can be a varied amount of problems, from ISP to the server... I'm not much of a gamer in terms of online clans etc. So your TS is on your server?

6. sliver624

sliver624 Thread Starter

yeah, but we don't use TS, we use vent. and I run the vent and it works perfect. but when i tried to run a TS (cause you can have a max of 100 rather than 8 on vent) only the people that could connect to my cod2 server could connect and the people that couldnt connect couldnt.

7. sliver624

sliver624 Thread Starter

8. sliver624

sliver624 Thread Starter

I'm losing hope here.
    Please, any ideas or anything will be appreciated.

9. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I was away for a week.

Well, then there has to be a common thing between these guys that can't connect. Prehaps their ISP is blocking them? I'm running out of ideas myself.

10. sliver624

sliver624 Thread Starter

I wouldn't know. But they did turn off their firewall and everything.
    there was ONE time that they could connect, but then i shut down the server because there was some big mods and they were downloading at 10kbps and then they couldnt connect.
    maybe it has something to do with the mods?

11. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Well that could be a possibility. Certainly if they were able to play before the mods. Maybe a version conflict?

Out of interest can you ping from your server to your friends IP?

12. sliver624

sliver624 Thread Starter

um i would have to ask him to give me his IP, im pretty sure i can considering he can connect to my vent.

13. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Well... from what you have mentioned, it looks like your mods is the main culprit. Could you remove (backup, etc) the mods and then try to connect?

14. sliver624

sliver624 Thread Starter

The time that they all got in was like almost 2 months ago, I don't remember what mods I had, but I will find all the mods I can and download them and see if they can connect.
    I dont see how it could be a mod effecting it though, but ya never know.

15. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Some mods could be rouge, some may work with others etc. If it's not the offical mods then that's where some of the problems will lie.

Good luck (y)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/486157

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice