1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

server2003 user account

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by deezal2323, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deezal2323

deezal2323 Thread Starter

hey everyone,

I have a user in active directory that is misspelled. Under General Tab her name is correct, and email is correct.under account tab-logon name is ok, "user logon name (pre-win2000) is incorrect-it is missing the "E" at the end of her name. in the profile tab-both the profile path and home folder settings are incorrect-they are missing the "e" at the end of her name. her user folder on the server is obviously incorrect also. I noticed this when i had to login as her to test something. I changed her password, and couldnt login with the "e" and the end of her username-when i used the name without the "e" it worked. then we tried it again with the "e" at the end of her name and it logged her in. Im wondering what steps need to take place to fix this correctly. I know i can right click and rename and hope for the best, just want to see if someone has a more definitive way to resolve this without totally screwing up her account.

Thanks.

Tim

2. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

Welcome to TSG!

How long is her logon name? Pre-win2000 you are limited to 20 characters, so the sAMAccountName will be truncated to 20 characters. And looks like the folder name was truncated as well to remain compatible. There may be a setting that is enforcing the 20 character limit on the folder name that you caould change, but I'm not familiar enough with Win2K3 to tell you.

You should be able to use either name from any Win2K or later system though. I don't know why it wouldn't let you that one time.

HTH

Jerry

3. deezal2323

deezal2323 Thread Starter

I will check into that and get back..

thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759705

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice