1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Service Control Manager error 7001

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Fabio87, Aug 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Fabio87

Fabio87 Banned Temporarily Banned Thread Starter

Ok, so I was messing around on the comp before I left today, come back to find My computer stopped working.

I went into the Event Viewer, and this error was spammed everywhere. I did some checking, and everything points to the BOOT order of my BIOS.

I attempted a restart to boot BIOS, instead it just boot to the start menu. I tried in Safe Mode. Same thing

My BIOS will NOT load(spamming f2 brings up a PC control, and a bios boot menu, clicking on the bios results in the computer starting up)

I have googled, and googled... and no one is having this issue. Seems to be just me HELP!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2018
  2. Drabdr

Drabdr Moderator

First Name:
    Brad
    Hello Fabio87! Welcome to the forum.

I have edited some of your words, as we ask posters to abide to family friendly environment. Thank you for keeping this in mind in the future. (y)

3. Fabio87

I apologize for the crude wording. Was a little flustered trying to resolve this problem

Drabdr likes this.
  4. Drabdr

Drabdr Moderator

First Name:
    Brad
    I appreciate the kind response. I sure hope you get this figured out.

5. Fabio87

UPDATE:
    A friend ask me to try completely powering everything off, unplugging all usb hardware, and accessing the BIOs boot order that way (thinking just a restart was putting the computer into Hibernation when trying to access the load order) This did not work, the computer just boots up to the start menu.

I am attempting to find a way to completely shut off Hibernation (PC is set for high performance, not sure what else to do) to at least rule out that possibility

6. Fabio87

Well, since I havent received any feed back for a fix on this, and google still results in a dead end, I think I will just scrap this tower, and rebuild it better/newer.
    Thanks anyways

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1215040

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice