1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Service God

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Danial1229, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Danial1229

Danial1229 Thread Starter

I normally don't go for these forums but I need suggestions. How do i get the data off some older harddrives. I have an enclosure my computer recognizes the harddrive and sais its healthy but wants to format it. I don't want to format as I will lose the data. I don't remember what OS it was running on but my computer is running 7. Is there some software I need to buy or download to get the data off of these? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

2. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    Moving this to hardware..

3. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    Those older drives have make and model numbers on them and usually the date which could indicate a time frame for the file format they have. That might be why Win7 is trying to format them...

4. Danial1229

Danial1229 Thread Starter

Thank you but I tried them on my work computer with XP and it does the same thing. I just need to get the files off these things. Thanks for the quick responce.:cool:

5. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    What are the make and model of these drives and how are you hooking them up?

6. replay

replay

try connecting them inside your tower instead of the enclosure (external case i presume)

7. Hughv

Hughv

8. ken1987

ken1987

theres any new os ?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975520

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice