1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

service pac 1 download

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by summertimemom, Feb 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. summertimemom

summertimemom Thread Starter

i downloaded service pac1 and the computer went to blue screen i did the f8 to restart in safe mode only to take me back to blue screen. i have a toshiba laptop windows vista. is there a number i can call to have someone to walk me throuh it to help me get it up and running again?

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The SP1 upgrade for Windows Vista was released in March 2008.

The SP2 upgrade for Windows Vista was released in May 2009.

Why are you trying to install the SP1 upgrade now?

Can you be more specific as to what issues you're having and what you're trying to do?

What's the model name and complete model number of that Toshiba laptop?

Note: The complete model number consists of 2 sets of numbers and letters with a dash in the middle.

------------------------------------------------------------

3. summertimemom

summertimemom Thread Starter

I downloaded SP1 because The computer said I had to update it.
    now I can not get into the computer to uninstall it. I keep getting the blue screen. when I do get it to F8 and try to start it in safe mode it takes me back to the blue screen.
    I then tried to do the last known good configuration it flashes to the blue screen and shuts down.
    It is a Toshiba Satellite P105-S9337 Modle # PSPAGU-00J00V Serial #17101372W

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Here is the support and downloads site for the Toshiba Satellite P105-S9337 laptop.

I suggest you add and save this site in your browser favorites/bookmarks list so you can readily refer to it when needed.

According to its "Detailed Specs" section, it came with the original version of Windows Vista Home Premium(32-bit).

As I previously said, the SP1 upgrade was released in March 2008 and the SP2 upgrade was released in May 2009, so I don't understand why you haven't installed them after all this time.

You should download and save and then burn the upgrades to 2 CD-R's or to 1 DVD-R.

You need to install the SP1 upgrade first before you can install the SP2 upgrade.

If you've been using that laptop all this time in such an outdated condition and you're having issues with it, a clean reinstall of Windows Vista may need to be done first.

----------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!