1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Service Pack 1

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by usintheuk, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. usintheuk

usintheuk Thread Starter

I have been trying to install SP1 on Vista. It goes through the install process but after it restarts i get the message acpi.sys is missing or corrupt. I have turned acpi of in bios and my pc wont start at all. I had previously installed sp1 rc and then installed it.

2. alwrmc

alwrmc

First Name:
    B.L.
    I cannot be certain on this as I do not have access to your computer. Did you uninstall the Vista SP1 RC? If not that must be done before you install the final version of Vista SP1.

3. usintheuk

usintheuk Thread Starter

I have uninstalled it but if i remember correctly i think i had to make an adjustment to the registry but cant remember. Also i don't have sp1 coming through windows update i get it from a separate download

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    It could be the down loaded copy that is giving you issues.
    Have you tried using the Windows or Microsoft update method?
    If not, try it and then let us know what happens.

5. usintheuk

usintheuk Thread Starter

I am unable to get the download via the normal update system. I will download the file direct from microsoft again and see if it works.

6. js73

js73

I am also unable to get the download from the Windows update, but it is because of the sound driver which is prior to the version that SP1 requires. Are you sure you do not have a driver incompatibility issue?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700529

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice