1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Service Pack 2 failed to install, now updates fail and computer running slow

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by jessicablue, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessicablue

jessicablue Thread Starter

Please help, I'm not highly technical and I think my problems started a while ago when Vista Service Pack 2 failed to install which caused startup failure and I couldn't log in. I attempted a fix using startup repair and was able to login again but now all my Vista updates since then fail to install and today my computer is running extremely slow, constantly lagging. I think it's related. I also get 'windows installer service could not be accessed' issues so can not run Hijackthis. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance

2. kenny111111

kenny111111

3. jessicablue

jessicablue Thread Starter

Hi, thanks for suggestion. I've created numerous restore points in the past but each time I see if there's a restore point Vista says nothing has been saved! I did manage to fix the windows installer problem by doing a cmd sfc /scannow which said I had some corrupt files which a few were repaired. I can now install programs but my computer is still lagging although not as bad. Maybe that's just how Vista performs. So frustrating- ready to try Windows 7!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/892092

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice