Service Pack 2 problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cypressotter

Symantec IS 2005 at it again - turned it off and install finished no prob. Sorry.

Hi all,
I installed XP Pro SP2 - seemed to go well.
Went back to windows update and downloaded more critical updates. They downloaded, but the install process just hangs shortly after it begins. Reboot and retry - same thing. The only thing I can think of is to delete the files, and re-download and install them one at a time to see if the problem is a single update file issue or not. But, I don't know where XP keeps those files... Any ideas on what the problem might be, or if my idea for a fix merits trying?
Thanks!

It might be Norton....They have an update for SP2 in XP I believe. If all else, remove Norton completely, then do the SP2 update.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online