Service Pack 3

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

patti9

Hi. Has anyone downloaded the new Service pack 3 update for Windows XP? I seem to remember it gave me problems with my pc re-booting. Hpw dp I get rid of the yellow icon sitting in my tray? Appreciate any info.Thanks.

patti9

Thanks for your reply. I have an AMD HP Compaq Presario and am worried it will cause a problem. Is is necessary to install this update?

If you are up to date with Windows Updates, it is not absolutely necessary yet . . probably will required be at some time to get additional updates. SP3 does make the pc start alittle quicker and run a little perkier . .

I have run that tool on a dozen or so HP's with AMD processors and it worked fine . . SP3 installedwith no issues

patti9

Thanks Rich. Much appreciated... I may leave it for a while as I really need my pc at the moment. How do I get rid of the yellow icon please?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Patti9:

The only way to get rid of the yellow taskbar icon is to turn off Automatic Updates, but then the Security Center gets upset and displays a warning in the taskbar. Just set it to notify you of new critical updates, but not to download them or install them.

As already advised, the SP3 upgrade isn't mandatory(at this time) if you've been keeping up with all the post-SP2 critical updates.

-------------------------------------------------------------

patti9

Many thanks for all your kind help and advice. Much appreciated :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online