1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

service packs

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by JPLamb, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JPLamb

JPLamb Thread Starter

i have got XP and i am wanting to install sp2 but when it is installing it comes up with an error saying serial number error. i need this to install a program on my pc. i have tryed sp1a and sp2 (from a disk) and they both say the same thing.

hope you can help

2. n7Epsilon

n7Epsilon

Hi,
    That means that the OS copy on your computer is illegal and using one of the Microsoft Blacklisted (known-to-be-pirate) serials. You will get a similar message too if you try to go to Windows Update or tried to install one of the recent updates....

3. JPLamb

JPLamb Thread Starter

but i have just bourght rhe pc from a computer fair,have i been sold an ilegal windows.

is yes is there a way round it while i get a ligel copy of windows as i need to in stall the program as it is my bussines

4. Old Rich

Old Rich

Call Microsoft . . they can tell you if the COA is illegal or not. .the number should be given when you try to activate . .

wrs

Edit: . . . Doh . . you said it would not install . . see this:

http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/Reporting.mspx

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328541

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice