1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Service won't stay running

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bjb21, Apr 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bjb21

bjb21 Thread Starter

Hello,

I am having an issue with keeping a service running. It is the IKE and AuthIP Keying Modules service. I need to have this running for a laptop to connect to a VPN. When it is running it connects but if I restart the computer it goes to disabled. I have set it to automatic but it doesn't start on it's own. Does anyone have anything for me to try to keep this running so I don't have to keep going into the services to start it.

Thanks,
    Bjb21

2. CleaverX

CleaverX

Look for dependencies for that service, then find out the status of those; you may need to set those to Automatic as well

3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  4. bjb21

bjb21 Thread Starter

Thanks guys... I will look to see if any of these other services are not set to automatic and report back.

5. bjb21

bjb21 Thread Starter

I found out what is causing this service to be disabled. We use another VPN client called Forticlient by Fortinet. Once you connect to that VPN it disables this service and when you disconnect and try and connect to our other VPN through windows you obviously aren't able to connect without going in and starting this service. I have sent an e-mail off to the person that setup this VPN to see if there is anything that he could do to correct this. Has anyone else had this type of issue?

6. bjb21

bjb21 Thread Starter

I am still having the issue and haven't gotten a response out of the person that setup my VPN client. Just wondering if anyone else had an idea?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146694

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice