1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Services.exe not found on bootup

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by funkmonk16, Jan 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. funkmonk16

funkmonk16 Thread Starter

Hi,
    I am running windows xp and i recently renewed my norton antivirus subscription online and to complete it's installation, it told me to re-boot. I did and now my computer will not restart. I get an error message saying that services.exe could not be found and that I should re-install the application to fix the problem. I understand what services.exe does for my computer. I do have a restore point set for my computer but I cant figure out how to do that since my computer stalls at the "windows is starting up"
    screen after I hit OK on the error message. I tried to run the computer in safe-mode comand prompt only but it wont give me the command prompt. Is there a way to get a command prompt screen another way because if I can get one, I know how to acess my resotre point by typing prompts. I just cant get to the point where I can enter them. Any help would be great! THanks!

2. jmerokx

jmerokx

Get your hands on a Win98 boot disk. You can get to the command prompt from it. bootdisk.com has it on there.

3. funkmonk16

funkmonk16 Thread Starter

Thanks, i'm still workin on this. I'll try to find it. I plan on takin my junk laptop to my school's tech guys soon.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323131

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice