1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

services , need or dont need

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by altoscano, Oct 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. altoscano

altoscano It's My Birthday! Thread Starter

Hello all, I was wondering if these services need to run , are they crucial or can they be stopped without any problems.

CQMGHOST
    CQMGNICS
    CQMGSERV
    CQMGSTOR

Thanks

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Altoscano:

I'm not familiar with that list of services, but they don't have to run automatically, if you don't want them to. Double-check each one, change it from "automatic" to "manual", then apply the change. Reboot your computer, then go back into the services list and see if they started.

Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips
    (Also a XP user)

3. altoscano

Thanks for the info, they are actually all compaq services. I am familiar with having them start manually or auto, but what i was really after was whether these services are crucial to the operation of the server as it relates to our Compaq server. For example I think CQMGSTOR is related to the SCSI harddrives. Is this service just infomational or will it hose up the server if they are stopped. Thanks for all replies

4. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Seems they are needed for novell and unix management.

5. altoscano

we have win2k servers only.
    Thanks for the reply

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171663

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice