services , need or dont need

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

altoscano

It's My Birthday!
Hello all, I was wondering if these services need to run , are they crucial or can they be stopped without any problems.

CQMGHOST
CQMGNICS
CQMGSERV
CQMGSTOR

Thanks

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Altoscano:

I'm not familiar with that list of services, but they don't have to run automatically, if you don't want them to. Double-check each one, change it from "automatic" to "manual", then apply the change. Reboot your computer, then go back into the services list and see if they started.

Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips
(Also a XP user)

altoscano

It's My Birthday!
Thanks for the info, they are actually all compaq services. I am familiar with having them start manually or auto, but what i was really after was whether these services are crucial to the operation of the server as it relates to our Compaq server. For example I think CQMGSTOR is related to the SCSI harddrives. Is this service just infomational or will it hose up the server if they are stopped. Thanks for all replies

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts