Set Associations Control Panel

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kat23

:eek:I've been trying to download plugin.dll and msvcrt10.dll to C:\Windows\System32\ so I can download filters for Paint Shop Pro X2, but each time I try I get this message: This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Associations panel.

I just read the following explanation here in a now-closed thread giving instructions on how to do this: Click Start, all programs, default, then click on associate a file type or protocol with a program--this is the set association control panel and the extensions are in the box--click the extension you need, then click the change programs button and select the program you want to open it.

Sounds simple enough, but my question is about the last sentence: "select the program you want to open it." How do I know which program to select. Thanks for any help.

DaveA

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
David
Where are downloading these files from?
And what tells you that you need to install them?

DaveA

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
David
The link that you provide is NOT for version x2 (12), but for 6,7, 8, and 9.
You need to find out what can and can not be run on X2 and the OS that you have.
remember that on Vista and Windows 7, the OS files are protected and can not be messed with, without special permissions.

kat23

Thank you, Dave. Actually, I did get this from someone who is working on version 8. Wonder where I can find out which dlls I can use. Thanks, again!

DaveA

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
David
This may help you find more information
http://www.michelespaintshop.com/mp_tutorials_index.php
Michele's Paint Shop Newbie 101
Paint Shop Pro Tutorial site offering free training tutorials featuring Corel Paint Shop Pro X2, and the new PaintShop Photo Pro X3. You will also find tutorials on Animation shop, and Adobe Dreamweaver.

kat23

Thanks again Dave. It was very kind of you to do the research. Much appreciated!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online