1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Set Default Folder View

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by bobcat5536, May 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobcat5536

bobcat5536 Thread Starter

When I open a folder, I would like the Home tab to be the default view instead of the File tab. Any way to do this ?

Update: Control + F1 toggles the view.

Last edited: May 8, 2017
    silverfang77 likes this.
  2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    "Control + F1" within File Manager just compresses or expands the Ribbon bar.

The "File" area of the Ribbon Bar is NOT a tab, even though it appears to be the default as it is a different color than the tabs.

But it would help if you were to post a screen shot of what you are getting?

3. bobcat5536

bobcat5536 Thread Starter

I don't have access to the computer that had the problem, as it was for a friend. Your explanation makes sense. I see what was happening now. Thanks for the reply.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1189656

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice