1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Set email reminder based on conditions on Excel

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by JSOMER2000, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JSOMER2000

JSOMER2000 Thread Starter

I have a list of jobs (jobs schedule) to do... and they are required to be done in a by certain different dates regularly.

I have a specific jobs date for each task held in a colu. Is there anyway i can make it to automatically send an email to remind me or another person a day before it's due??

Another question - I have a basic dashboard when a job is overdue I want the cell to flash RED

thanks

2. Sponsor

3. lika2know

lika2know

4. JSOMER2000

JSOMER2000 Thread Starter

Thanks for this - does anyone know if you schedule this job automatically without running the macro?

Nick

5. lika2know

lika2know

Not sure what you mean --- put it on click or on close of a form vs. on open or close of the application vs. scheduled to run as a vb object outside of Access?
    lika2know

6. slurpee55

slurpee55

Whether you run a macro (which you will have to run to make it happen, but you can arrange to have it run every time you open the spreadsheet) or just use VBA, you will nonetheless have to open the spreadsheet in order to call the function - code only executes when it is called, and that can't happen unless the spreadsheet is open.
    As for your second question, see this link:
    http://www.mrexcel.com/tip054.shtml

7. Aj_old

Aj_old

Hi Nick!
    Why U don't do this in outlook it's easyer, and all it will suite your needs best!

8. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

A VBS script can be used to accomplish this. The workbook will need to be opened by the script in order to read the data but all of this can be done in the background without ever needing to display the hidden workbook.

Regards,
    Rollin

9. slurpee55

slurpee55

Really?! Freaky.... ;)

10. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/643742