1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Set Mass Per Folder View Options

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Cris_Cr0ss, Aug 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cris_Cr0ss

Cris_Cr0ss Thread Starter

Okay, I have my Audio Files in a folder Called Mp3s, Which contains subfolders of genres which then contains subfolders of artists/albums etc. Now, For My Computer I have veiw settings to Detail / Groups.

For the rest of the computer I have View Settings to List. However for the specific D:/MP3 Folder I would like to Have Details and my own columns. How do I set it so that I can have all my folders in D:/MP3 Are in Detail + my colums view without Overwriting the defualt all use list..?

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

When you are in the directories set the view the way you want it, Windows should remember the settings and keep them for you till you use the directories again.

3. Cris_Cr0ss

yes but you see in my mp3 folder I have about another 400 folders. So if there is anyway I can make them all appear like that for only those 400 folders that would be awsome, Cuz manually seems a tad tedious

4. Cris_Cr0ss

5. Cris_Cr0ss

bump again.. someone must know..

6. rhynes

rhynes

Don't think it's possible really. it's 6 of one, half dozen of the other. You can set your computer to have all folders show detail or list, then change the rest.

7. mike5532g

mike5532g

Try right clicking the folder and select the customize tab, you can set folder template to Music (Best for audio files and playlists) and then put a check in Also apply this template to all subfolders and click ok. While this selected the details view for the parent folder, the subfolders remained the same for me. Maybe it will work for you, couldn't hurt to try.

8. Cris_Cr0ss

ye subfolders remained the same here aswell..

ugh youd think XP would have a better method, of organizing folders

9. Cris_Cr0ss

10. blaqDeaph

blaqDeaph

Under folder options there is a "Remember each folder's settings" option, check that, then each folder should have it's settings remembered. Personally, this is an area of windows that i've tried and tried many times to get it to work, and it just doesnt want to.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/491873

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice