1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Set up cannot detect any hard disk drive...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by charls_jb, Oct 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charls_jb

charls_jb Thread Starter

first of all i would to thanks this website for having this kind of oline learning for computer troubleshooting and repair. as a newly member of this technical cyber society, i appreciate this opportunity to be with you guys.

i got new laptop with vista preinstalled in it. because some of my programs that i usually used is not running on it, i decided to replace it with xp. but during the setup process, setup cannot continue. it always give me this message: "Setup cannot detect any hard disk......." i'm using windows xp pro sp2 bootable cd. this error will come out in the same part of the setup process ( when setup tells you to Press Enter to continue setup..) as i've tried it for several times.

i hope to receive comments about this problem and advice to solve it.

2. The_Oracle

The_Oracle

Welcome to TSG

there's no native support for SATA controllers in windows xp

options:

1. set your SATA operation mode in the BIOS to NON-Raid/IDE

2. press F6 when prompted to install 3rd part drivers and insert a floppy disk with the drivers.

3. slipstream the appropriate drivers into your XP installation CD (i would recommend nLite)

3. xspeedyx

xspeedyx

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!