1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Set Up Outlook 2007 in Windows 10

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by toscar07, Oct 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. toscar07

toscar07 Thread Starter

I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows 7 Pro with MS Office 2007. I have used "EaseUS Todo PCTrans" to transfer MS Office to my new Dell Inspiron 13 running Windows 10.
    I have tried to set up MS Office but without success (both automatically and manually). The error message I receive says my account (GMail) cannot be found. I have double checked to ensure I have my correct password, etc but still no luck. I suspect the problem might be in selecting the port numbers to be used for outgoing and incoming mail.
    Can anybody help with this?
    Many thanks,
    Toscar

2. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    HI, Just log into gmail via de web browser and in settings you can see what you need to do when configuring Outlook.
    It's the ports and the SSL settings what you'll have to check.
    And of course you have Google... :)
    http://www.emailaddressmanager.com/tips/outlook-gmail.html
    Hope this helps you

3. toscar07

toscar07 Thread Starter

Hi Hans,
    Many thanks for the information.
    I have followed your suggestions but unfortunately I still cannot connect to Outlook. I have tried both the default port settings and those shown in the link in your reply (995 / 465).
    Is there any way that the required port numbers can be identified?
    Tony

4. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    It works fine here. You configure your Outlook that is if you've got Office 2007 Professional which contains Outlook.
    Outlook.com is another story.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1158637

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice