1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Setting adjustment to make up for RAM?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by policetac, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. policetac

policetac Thread Starter

I just tried to install Dreamweaver onto my older laptop and got an error message informing me that 512 Mgs were required.
    I've got 256 right now. Running XP home.
    Dreamweavers error message though told me to EITHER upgrade the RAM or to adjust my settings to meet the software requirement.
    My question.
    What setting, how, and how far? Are they suggesting to increase my virtual memory setting? If so, how high, and will the program then actually recognize the adjustment and if so how?
    The software did not give me any option to ignore the requirement, the error message's only button was to quit the install.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.
    policetac
    policetac at yahoo . com

2. valis

valis Moderator

edited out your email addy. Easiest way in the world to get signed up for boatloads of spam. :)

as for the memory question, you probably should upgrade your ram to at least 512. XP doesn't really enjoy running on 256, although it will. Toss in something like dreamweaver, which is a very ram-intensive app, and you are going to start bogging down if not crashing entirely.

hth,

v

3. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

My guess is it means if you have a integrated GFX that allows you to configure how much it uses to turn it down... 512MB should really be the minimum for anything on XP currently.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920842

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice