Setting Browser Default to Maximize Windows

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

crisbastap

For some reason lately, when I open a window in IE 6, the window is not maximized (it's not minimized either; it's that smaller sized window). I don't know how it got this way, but I don't like it, and I need to know how to set the default so that when I open windows in IE, they are maximized by default. How do I do this?

Thank you, -Chris Haller

Hi....... just stretch the window with cursor to maximum , should stay the same next time you log on.

crisbastap

The only problem with that is that once you stretch the smaller window to fit the entire screen, you can no longer toggle to a smaller window by hitting the middle button in the upper right hand corner. I'd like to be able to do this so I don't lose any functions.

Quick Reply: I just did a search for the same thing and there was your post! I double clicked my computer,stretched the window to maximum, closed the window andre-booted. All windows now open maxed. Cool! for Joe2cool. Give it a try.

Easier solution. Open one IE window and nothing else. Maximize it by doble clicking the title bar of the window. GO to the start bar, right click it and select "tile horizontally". The next time you open any windows they will open full screen.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online