setting compaq 610 to factory settings

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jobeth122

the laptop is compaq 610 and when turned on it shows an error message. i know there is a way usually an f key to reset to factory settings what is it? the laptop has windows vista and will not go any further than the error message the message is "non-system disk or disk error replace and strike ant key when ready"

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Many times it's the F10 key, it should appear as it's booting.

jobeth122

yeah when i hit the f 10 key it gives me options and i click on restore and nothing happens so i clicked on save changes after clicking on it computer turns off then back on and i still just get the same error message any ideas what the message could mean

etaf

First Name
Wayne
if your having issues seeing the harddrive
"non-system disk or disk error replace and strike ant key when ready"
then the recovery will NOT work as it uses the harddrive to work...
go into the bios - F10 or F2 or Del Key - should see a message on the screen just as it boots to use one of these keys to enter bios / setup
Have a look in the bios and see if the system can see any disk drives ....

I will also move to hardware forum

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online