1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Setting default

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Rafty, Jan 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rafty

Rafty Thread Starter

Using W-98 2nd ed. I have MSN Media Player 7.1 and Real One Player installed. How can I set the 'default' for one of them? Thanks

2. dc

dc Guest

If you want to set Windows Media Player as the default player:
    click start-programs-Windows Media Player, select the tools menu, then options, select the format tab, then click the select all button near the bottom, then click ok.
    That should reset media player as the default player. I'm not too sure about real player but there may be an options or setup menu in the player that could set it as the default. Hope this helps.
    Don

3. Rafty

Rafty Thread Starter

Worked fine for Media Player. Thanks Don
    Any know how to make 'RealOne" the default player?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65566

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice