setting file permissions

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

brinkly97

I am attempting to set file permissions on a secondary computer, but from windows explorer when I right click on the folders or files, properties,...--- there is no security tab. How do I get the tab to return? Thanks

Great, if you don't mind being a guinea pig -- post your results and I just might install it myself :)

valis

yes, I am extremely interested to hear how that patch works.....please post back with your feedback.

Should we fail to hear from you in a reasonable period of time, I will just assume that it didn't work too well. ;)

brinkly97

I know reply not quite so timely but.....Downloaded patch and received following error message..."Image file is valid but is for machine type other than the current". Hmmmmm!!
I dunno what that means other than I'm not using NT. Anyway, gave up and assumed twas failure, but for grins tried later to check permissions on a file and now am somehow able to view the security tab and set further allow/deny etc. something worked. don't know what! Thank you guys very much. Have a great day. :confused:

So inspite of the error message you are now able to view Security tabs in Normal mode on an XP HOME system?

I guess it worked then.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online