1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Setting static IP for Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Networking' started by mamosley2, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mamosley2

mamosley2 Thread Starter

Hello all,

My modem is D-LINK WBR-2310. I am trying to set up a static IP for my Xbox 360, but am unable to. I have tried assigning it IPs from inside/outside my DHCP range, and nothing works. Every time I assign it a new IP, I forward the port in my router. My modem is an Embarg EQ-660R, and is bridged. My 360 is set up wired directly to my router (the only wired item I have). Every time I test the connection after forwarding the port, it (my 360) errors out at the first step of connecting to "network". I've searched the interweb to no avail trying to find an answer to this problem. I'm putting the IP address of the IP I choose in the port forwarding rules, this is correct, yes?
    General port forwarding question: What port are you supposed to choose for different games, say Battlefield 3, that I play on my PC? Is the port I choose in my router settings supposed to always be the IPv4 address within IPconfig?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    if you use automatic IP - does the xbox connect to the router OK

Post back all the IP address you are using on the xbox
    IP address
    Default gateway IP address
    Subnet mask
    DNS IP address(es)

from a working PC - can you post an ipconfig /all - see how below

heres a list of games and ports to forward - i dont game - so not sure how accurate it is
    http://portforward.com/cports.htm

you forward the port to the fixed IP address you have assigned on the Xbox - which sounds like you are doing that

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    There is really no need to port forward for your XBOX.

Anyways, make sure you have no port forwarding rules and redo the static on your XBOX. Can you connect?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090518

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice