1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Setting the Homepage

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by G.Prime, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G.Prime

G.Prime Thread Starter

At work I am constantly having to go through INETWIZ to setup dumb peoples Internet Accounts, Its just a real pain in the Butt to have to go into Intenet Prop's and set the HP first and then go back into the desktop and Start - Run - INETWIZ it...

I know that I can run the wizard from Interet Props but I would rather be able to set the home page from the run command field (It makes it easier for me as I am constantly getting "what are you going to the control panel for? We were told not to go there! Are you trying to break my computer? You cant *WHACK!* Ahhhhh!!! My nose!!!!) anyways, I know you can go

iexplore www.thewebsite.net

and IE will Open with the selected page... but I want to set the homepage...

the machines that I mainly setup are XP based machines with IE 6 but I also come accross all other windows platforms here...

"thanks for the tip"

G-

2. Dan O

Dan O

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223632

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice