1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Setting up a dial-up connection disappeared

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by cthierfelder, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cthierfelder

cthierfelder Thread Starter

Friends,

I really need help from the developed world (as I am residing in Zimbabwe and have no support here..).

I bought a new Dell Inspiron 1525 with Windows Vista Business edition.
    All worked fine with Network, W-lan and Dial-up connections.

I had some problems when I gave admistrator rights to a profile I roled the system back to a previous version. As I result, I could work again with all the programs, the network, e-mail and internet.

However, I wanted to dial in with my modem and the command "connect to" did not find the dial-up connection any more. Through "setup connection or network" I tried to install a new dial-up connection but got an error message "Windows could not detect a dial-up modem" " is the modem connected , is the modem switched on?". "Set-up a connection anyways" will not help and solve the problem. I tried it all.

I checked the modem in the device manager. The modem is correctly installed, and works properly. I can also run the diagnosis of the modem in the device manager and it shows that it works. So I am more or less conviced that there is no hardware problem but a vista problem.

How do I get the dial-up back? I need the connection urgently as networks are rare in Southern Africa and we have to go through old-fashioned dial-ups. Could you help me? If you need further clarification, I can give.

Many many thanks!
    Cthierfelder

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757153

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice