setting up a network/server in my classroom

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ScudRA

I'm a teacher who wants to be able to run some typing software in my classroom. The trick is I want to be able to run it off of one computer so no matter what computer the students go to they will be able to continue with their account. I'm not exactly sure what I need to do in order to set this up. Since I'm a teacher I'm looking for the cheapest and easiest way to do this. All the computers have windows XP professional on them and I have a router and a switch. I also have a wireless hub with 4 ports on it to connect some of my computers. Can anybody help me out? Thanks.

This will only work if the application itself is a client server application meant to be run from a server. You could set it up on a server and run a terminal server like Terminal Services in Windows or Citrix. Neither of them is free however.

If you have not bought the software already then you may want to try something like this -

http://www.nahliksoft.com/products.html
and specifically the pro version - http://www.nahliksoft.com/keybmaspro.html

This does exactly what your looking for you can have 1 "server" PC that has all the student groups in it then you can enable and disable features per student group.

I assume you load the client on all of the PC's and then you have the students "log on" and this in turn pushes to the client the lesson you want them to have. Also it gives you real time reporting tings as well.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online