1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Setting up a printer for multiple users.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by burgdork, Mar 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burgdork

burgdork Thread Starter

Hello

We have a union computer that runs on Windows 7. There are 20 + workers that have a personal user account on the computer. As the administrator I am able to setup and connect to a network printer successfully. However, if a worker wants to print, then I have to set up the printer again for his user account and the other 20 some if they want to do print something to. Isnt there an easy way to just setup the printer once so that everyone can use it on this computer, regardless of whos signed in? Once again I am using windows 7.

Thanks,

Bryson

2. Droghini123

Droghini123

3. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    On all of my machines, when a printer is installed, all users that accounts on that machine, have access to the new printer.

What kind of user accounts do the others have?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1045065

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice