Setting up a printer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sfalconer

I have a Windows 2000 PC with all service packs and updates, 256 MB of RAM and plenty of drive space. When I try to look at my printers it locks up and asks me if I want to end task now. What is going on? Is there a fix for this.

Brooks

Next time it does that, don't end the program, open up task manager and look and see if anything is not responding. Also look at the processes and see if there is anything that is taking up a very large portion of the cpu time when this happens.

Also, are you logging in as administrator?

Can you get to them from explorer?

Can you even print?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q260142

Take a look at the Error Messages Typically Caused by Local Port Monitor Problems portion of the document and look in the registry as it tells you to. Even though it is not the exact same as your problem, it might be related.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online