Setting up DG814 Router for ADSL

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ramstein

I've recently installed a Netgear DG814 Router and I'm trying to set it up in Win2000. I have ADSL activated with BT and, of course, am using filter supplied. Rather than using the USB modem supplied I want to use ADSL on a 2 PC network, hence Router with modem.

Some of the wizard questions in Netgear's setup are puzzling me. I thought I had set it up properly but get no connection

PC Settings: TCP/IP, Automatic IP and DNS, No Default Gateway,

ISP Account Info:

A00****@hg21.btclick.com

Netgear Settings: Account Name=A00****; Domain Name=hg21.btclick.com; PPPoE or PPPoA?=Don't know; I don't think I have a static address. No DNS Server address given by BT.

Has anyone had experience of setting up the DG814 for ADSL?

If you want to email me direct suggest [email protected]
Cheers

You have not given us sufficient information to go on. Who is BT?

You would have to get the settings from your ISP.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts