1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

setting up email

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Mrfoad, Dec 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mrfoad

Mrfoad Thread Starter

How do I set up MS outlook to retrieve my email from hotmail. When I had outlook express, it configured w/o me having to specify pop3 or smtp servers. IIf I go to tools, services, internet email, is that where I put the necessary info? If so, where do you get that info. I went to hotmails site and could not find it.

Thanks

JP

2. xfilesgurly

xfilesgurly

Tools > Accounts > New Mail Account

Put in your name then on the next screen type in your hotmail address, then the servers are filled in on the screen after that, then your password, etc.

3. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    We need the version to answer that question.

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
  5. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Link didn't work anyway. Here's what it says:

SYMPTOMS
    Outlook, unlike Outlook Express, does not have an option to use Microsoft Hotmail e-mail accounts. The "Resolution" section provides a work around to access a Hotmail account.

CAUSE
    Outlook does not support the integration of Hotmail e-mail accounts.

RESOLUTION
    You can view your Hotmail e-mail in Outlook by creating a Hotmail folder and then associating a Web view of that folder that points to the Hotmail Web site.

NOTE : The technique outlined in the steps below can be used to view messages from any Web-based e-mail provider, including Yahoo, Lycos, Excite and others.

Creating a Hotmail Folder
    On the View menu, click Folder List to turn on the Folder List.

Right-click Outlook Today , and then click New Folder . Name the folder Hotmail and then click OK . Your Folder List should now include a Hotmail mail items folder.

Associating the Hotmail Folder with the Hotmail Web Site
    In the Folder List, right-click the Hotmail folder, and then click Properties .

On the Home Page tab, type http://www.hotmail.com in the Address box.

Click to select Show home page by default for this folder , and then click OK .

Now when you click the Hotmail folder in your folder list, you will see the option to log on to your account. You can add a Hotmail folder shortcut to your Outlook Bar by dragging the Hotmail folder to the Outlook Bar.

With love, from Microsoft

6. Mrfoad

Mrfoad Thread Starter

Thanks, i really appreciate it

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61669

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice