1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Setting up Internet on SUSE

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by JasonSCSN, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JasonSCSN

JasonSCSN Thread Starter

I posted before about getting my CD's to work, well finally I burned with alcohol 120% and it worked.

Anyway, I have a few computer in my home on a network, my main computer is connected to the internet via cable, and Im using a router for my other computer to connect to the internet right now. But I also just installed SUSE and this is my first go around with connecting to the internet (on linux), well wireless anyway. I am using KDE, so can anyone offer some advice, on how SUSE detects networks (like windows) so I can connect to it? Thank you.

2. lynch

lynch

Use Yast to setup your network.
    What kind of wireless hardware are you using?
    lynch

3. linuxphile

linuxphile Administrator

On openSuSE 10 I use KInternet to manage/detect the wireless connection. It's major downfall is that it doesn't remember WEP keys. If you chose to install Gnome you can use NetworkManager/NetworkManagerInfo to manage/detect other networks. NetworkManager will remember the WEP keys.

4. JasonSCSN

JasonSCSN Thread Starter

I am using Motorola WPCI810GP as the wireless card. See thats the main reason why I cant connect to my network, I do not believe it is detecting the card. Someone mentioned about ndiswrapper. But im having problems with that also.

I can try GNOME and see what happens, but if my wireless card isnt detected that wont do any good.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/432647

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice