1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Setting up inventory in Quick books

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by imgreat, Jan 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imgreat

imgreat Thread Starter

12 13
    I need help setting up Quickbooks. I manufacture clothing. In Inventory I put the "style", every style has about 5 colors (designs), then every design has alot of sizes. 36 small 36 medium 36 large, etc. for every size.

Is there a way that when I put in an item in inventory, it should automatically put in all colors, and mainly all sizes? Do I have to go and put in all sizes manually for all styles, and colors that I have?!

Please answer me.

2. Ciera2455

Ciera2455

QuickBooks is good, but not that good. Why would it know what your inventory is comprised of? The programmers would have to include every style of inventory known to man and then some. Not possible.

Sorry to say, but you will have to enter all data manually. I know it's time consuming, maybe you can hire a high school student to do data entry for you.

Also remember, by entering the inventory manually, YOU tell QuickBooks how you want to manage your accounting as the inventory module also impacts the accounting and billing. If you haven't taken a class for QuickBooks it may be something you want to do.

Good luck!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111877

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice