Setting up my Domains DNS Servers.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hitman6267

Hi, i just got a new domain. I want it to take me to my website. ( I have a website and got a new domain that i want to take me to the website ) In the domain Cpanel i have:
DNS servers : Name server 1 : ( a place to enter it ) Glue Record 1: ( a place to enter it )
Name server 2 : ( a place to enter it ) Glue Record 2: ( a place to enter it )

For name server 1 and 2 i put www.hitman.tcg-direct.com but for glue records i dont have any idea what to put. Any one can help ? Thank you. :)

Have you talked to your host? They should be able to help. Or whoever handles your domain. Liz

hitman6267

yes i did , they told me that i dont need the glue record and gave me the name servers... I resend them an email after the domain CP told me i need a glue record. Thank you for your response :)

hmmm, well first off your talking about your domain controll panel right? not the cpanel on your website? because its my understanding that you just point your nameservers on your domain controll panel to "ns1.yournamerserver" and "ns2.yournameserver" or if you have more then 2, etc.. the namerservers in cpanel should already be put there by your web host? at least thats my understanding. with my webhost all i did was tell them my domain, and they sent me the nameservers "ns.flashpoint.cc" and "ns2.flashpoint.cc" and then i put those under the controll panel for my domain name. hope that helps. -cnelson. :)

hitman6267

yes thats what my host told me but it ddnt work it tells me i need the glue record.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!